- Reduce indoor air pollution – As bamboo charcoal absorbs harmful chemical in the air, it is espeically useful for absorbing formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene in the air when there is painting done, or strong smelling adhesive is used indoors, or when antifreeze is kept indoors. It also reduces smog as it absorbs carbonic oxide, ammonia, formaldehyde, benzopyrene, nicotine, tar etc are found in smog, that is harmful to the human body.
- Adjusting humidity – As bamboo charcoal contains lots of pores and almost contains no moisture; it is effective in reducing humidity. When the humidity in the air is less than the bamboo charcoal, it will release moisture in the air humidifying the room.
- As bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, bamboo charcoal also possess similar properties. Bamboo charcoal also absorbs 2,4-dichloro-hydroxybenzene, a major harmful pollutant in drinking water. Bamboo charcoal also eliminates harmful substances such as surplus chlorine, chloroform, and contains rich natural mineral, like, potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium etc. So water quality can be improved when bamboo charcoal is used in cooking and boiling.
- De-odorizing – As bamboo charcoal absorbs gases and decomposes it to carbon dioxide and other harmless gases, bamboo charcoal is often placed in refrigerators, in the car, near trash cans to absorb odor. Insoles containing bamboo charcoal also reduces the odor well.
- Promote metabolism and blood circulation – As bamboo charcoal absorbs and emit far infrared rays, the far infrared radiation will promote blood circulation. Charcoals generate negative ions. Negative ions begin to work in the parasympathetic nervous system, which relaxes the mind and body. Bamboo charcoal inserted in mattresses, cushion and comforters can make the user warm up faster.
- Using activated carbon bamboo charcoal on the floor can prevent the harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation of computer or electronic appliances in the room, the lightning for the electronics in the house.